The Open-Source Architecture Community brings together like-minded users and developers who share a common goal: that the built environment can be designed, constructed, operated, and recycled with free software, increased transparency, and a more ethical approach.
We encourage the community to share what they're working on, use more free software in what is currently a proprietary-dominated market, and learn more about what's out there.
This wiki is brand-new. Please expect changes. Please feel free to contribute! See How to contribute to OSArch.
AEC resource directories
We have a growing list of Free Software, help us expand it and browse for interesting solutions.
Open Data Standards allow different software packages to communicate, here's where you can read about them.
Open Data is great for testing and experimenting so we're collecting link to these resources.
OpenBIM and IFC
IFC is the main data schema for BIM data
- Introduction to IFC
- IFC projects and contexts
- IFC classes
- IFC materials
- IFC spatial tree
- IFC attributes and properties
- IFC geometry representations
- IFC geolocation
- IFC classifications
- IFC syntax highlighting
MicroMVDs are subsets of the IFC data schema for specific purposes
Software specifics resources
(These will be relocated under pages for each software package in the future)
Best practices for OpenBIM in various packages.
- ArchiCAD setup
- Revit setup
- Revit project metadata
- Revit type products
- Revit geolocation
- Revit classifications
- Revit spatial hierarchy
- Tekla geolocation
- FreeCAD setup
- FreeCAD setting up a model for IFC export
- IFC import in DWG
- List of known invalid IFC practices
List of architecture 3D models freely available for downloading.
- BlenderBIM Add-on Roadmap
- BlenderBIM Add-on Changelog
- BlenderBIM Add-on code examples
- How to install the BlenderBIM Add-on
- Setting up a BIM Project with BlenderBIM Add-on
- Building and exporting an IFC model with BlenderBIM Add-on
- Exporting 2D documentation with BlenderBIM Add-on
- A simple step by step example of a project with BlenderBIM Add-on