The Open-Source Architecture Community brings together like-minded users and developers who share a common goal: that the built environment can be designed, constructed, operated, and recycled with free software, increased transparency, and a more ethical approach.
We encourage the community to share what they're working on, use more free software in what is currently a proprietary-dominated market, and learn more about what's out there.
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
This wiki is brand-new. Please expect changes. Please feel free to contribute! See How to contribute to OSArch.
There is a directory of free software related to the AEC industry.
There are a series of articles related to OpenBIM and IFC.
- Introduction to IFC
- IFC projects and contexts
- IFC classes
- IFC materials
- IFC spatial tree
- IFC attributes and properties
- IFC geometry representations
- IFC geolocation
- IFC classifications
There are a series of articles related to MicroMVDs.
- Using MicroMVDs for exchange requirements
- Project setup MicroMVD
- Geolocation MicroMVD
- Naming MicroMVD
- Material MicroMVD
- COBie MicroMVD
There are articles related to IfcOpenShell.
There are a series of articles related to best practices for OpenBIM in various packages.
- Revit setup
- Revit project metadata
- Revit type products
- Revit geolocation
- Revit classifications
- Revit spatial hierarchy
- Tekla geolocation
- FreeCAD setup
- FreeCAD setting up a model for IFC export
- IFC import in DWG
- List of known invalid IFC practices
There are articles related to learning material for specific software.
List of architecture 3D models freely available for downloading.
Articles related to the development of the BlenderBIM Add-on.
- BlenderBIM Add-on Roadmap
- BlenderBIM Add-on Changelog
- BlenderBIM Add-on code examples
- How to install the BlenderBIM Add-on
- Setting up a BIM Project with BlenderBIM Add-on
- Exporting an IFC model with BlenderBIM Add-on
- Exporting 2D documentation with BlenderBIM Add-on
- A simple step by step example of a project with BlenderBIM Add-on