|This page is BlenderBIM Add-on documentation. All articles in the OSArch wiki related to BlenderBIM Add-on can be seen in the BlenderBIM Add-on Category|
You can find ways to offer financial support in the Donation_Directory.
BlenderBIM is alpha software, expect things to change and break. It is not ready for regular production work if you're not willing to expend a lot of pain and effort. Please read the BlenderBIM_Add-on_Roadmap to understand progress on the software.
- Featured projects
- Provide an interface to manage IFC data, including:
- Assigning IFC classes
- Assigning attributes to IFC elements
- Assigning properties and property sets to IFC elements
- Assigning quantities and quantity sets to IFC elements
- Calculating quantities of IFC geometry
- Clash detection
The BlenderBIM website has a tutorial to export your first model.
You can then read these articles to learn to use the add-on in more detail.
- How to install the BlenderBIM Add-on
- Setting up a BIM Project with BlenderBIM Add-on
- Building and exporting an IFC model with BlenderBIM Add-on
- BlenderBIM Add-on adding information to IFC
- Exporting 2D documentation with BlenderBIM Add-on
- Adding labels linked to properties and quantities
- A simple step by step example of a project with BlenderBIM Add-on
- BlenderBIM and COBie
- 5D-BlenderBim: A tool for Quantity Surveyors or Cost Engineers
We are collecting tips, tricks and best practices for using the BlenderBIM Add-on on this page:
- Petru Conduraru of the BIMVoice Youtube Channel and Podcast has some introductory videos and a playlist focusing on BlenderBIM Add-on.
- "A Modular Toolkit for Developing openBIM Data Pipelines" presentation to buildingSmart, 20 minute video. The project won the 2020 Technology Award. The toolkit includes BlenderBIM Add-on and it's components IFC Diff, IFC Clash, BIM Tester, IFC Patch, IFC CSV and IFC CoBie