The next monthly meetup is (in the planning stage)
Join us on https://meet.jit.si/openbim
[https:// see in your timezone]
If you're up for next one, add yourself to the spreadsheet and if you add your email too, I'll send around a reminder email: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19EzmthOp5hGYFTZCgOIm51n7hvcp_F8nB_XLYeTJ0zU/edit#gid=0
September 5th, 2020
The planned presentation didn't work out. So we made a quick agenda ourselves.
- We were shown some work Bruno was doing recently on a sculpture commission with Blender and Sverchok
- We talked a bit about the website, read about that in the OSArch website design discussion
- We also talk about organization and governance, but everything we said is already in the thread Organizational Structure and Governance of OSArch
August 1th, 2020
The presentation before discussions was about Topologic
July 4th 2020
Presentation: Homemaker, evolving houses with Perl, with Bruno Postle
Other points discussed:
- A quick preview of new FreeCAD BIM WB experimental tools by Carlo
June 6th 2020
Presentation: Jesusbill gave an introduction to Salome Meca and other engineering goodness!
- We talked about the Mission Statement Follow up: ([User:Duncan] will make a new draft with more attention to ethical consideration adn other small refinements from the discussion thread.
- We talked briefly about the challenges and goals FreeMVD round-tripping (Ryan, Yorik, Moult). We also discussed whether this should be a future keynote topic. Follow up: up to the FreeMVD people
- We discussed briefly starting a website with an attractive front page to give people a very quick idea of what we're trying to do. We talked about it maybe focusing on some examples workflows for different audiences. Maybe those workflows are not ready/documentet to present yet in an attractive way. Follow up: there is a general invitation for anyone to do a mock up of how a website front page might look.
- There was a quick mention about possible collaboration with Measure-It-ARCH & Archipack Blender Add-on. Follow up: Moult, globalcitizen, kevancress, and stephen-l will discuss this.
May 2nd 2020
Presentation: Yorik presented the current state of FreeCAD BIM
Notes, things we discussed
- a mission statement (see forum thread)
- finding a real world project to work on
- roundtripping data (BlenderBIM <> FreeCAD)
- sample content like Yoriks Barcelona Pavillion
April 4th 2020
Presentation: Moult presented the current state of BlenderBIM