OSArch is a non-proft group and relies on volunteers and building our network of professionals, organizations and companies involved in the projects we support.
We have a number of social media accounts, both on free/libre open systems and closed proprietary systems.
Please follow the accounts and share the posts you find interesting.
General discussion about Social Media accounts: https://community.osarch.org/discussion/334/getting-the-message-out-social-media/p1
- Link: https://www.linkedin.com/company/osarch-org/
- Status: needs a coordinator, currently managed by Duncan
- Access: The administrator codes are held by jesusbill. Co-admins are jesusbill/jesusbill, Duncan, Moult, JanF
- Link: https://twitter.com/OSArchOrg
- Status: needs a coordinator, currently managed by User:Duncan. General discussion about Twitter account: https://community.osarch.org/discussion/comment/4448 We should be bridging this with Mastodon maybe using https://moa.party/
- Access: Team managed with Tweetdeck: Ryan Schultz / @theoryshaw, Bruno Perdigão/ @bruno_perdigao, Duncan/ @BIM_DK. The administrator codes are held by Duncan, Moult.
- Find and follow accounts for all the software from our software directory. So far User:Duncan has done this as far a OpenDroneMap (2020-12-21)
YouTube / Google
- Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoP6n8DdDajAM8YYDdFpQMQ
- Status: needs a coordinator, currently managed by Duncan. General discussion on the forum about Youtube account: https://community.osarch.org/discussion/comment/4391
- Access: Channel Managers: firstname.lastname@example.org, condur, JanF, Moult, jesusbill, Duncan
Missing. We should be bridging this with Twitter maybe using https://moa.party/
This letter template is intended for sending to specific people in organisations with overlapping aims to our and whose governance structure has something to teach us. If you have a personal contact in an organisation then build on that contact rather than using this template.
This could be useful for contacting:
- OSGeo ( progress to date: https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2020-September/039041.html )
- Free Software Foundation ( we have several members )
- Software Conservancy
- KDE & Gnome
- ... others?
OSArch.org is the Open Source Architecture Project. We support Free/Libre & Open Source software for Architecture, Engineering, Construction & Building Operations. We'd like your help in strengthening our organization by learning from your organizational experience. We are young and growing rapidly. After starting in February we now have about 800 users on our forum with 300 discussion. Our wiki has about 100 pages and 100 users. It feels like we're here to stay and growing.
Now we're ready to begin thinking about an organizational and legal structure. This will allow us to seek and accept central funding, and begin sponsoring selected projects.
If you have time for a chat please let me know so we can arrange something. Alternatively just hop into our forum and announce yourself.
Our forum: https://community.osarch.org/discussions
You can read more about who we are from our wiki front page: https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title=Home_of_OSArch
I look forward to hearing from you