This page is unfinished. Feel free to help the project by sharing your knowledge about this subject.
|This page is part of a series about Starting to code. All articles in the series can be found in the Category:Start_coding|
This is planned to be the starting page for a series on starting to code for free/libre opensource (FOSS) software projects.
Feel free to ask in the discussion forum if you're ready to start learning - we can then start developing learning material together.
Start by visiting the Category:Start_coding to see what pages we already have. There are also lots of resources on the internet. Here are some directly related to projects on our AEC Free Software directory:
- Sverchok is a node based programming environment for several uses. See links on it's page and ask for help in our discussion forum.
- Topologic is a node based programming environment for several uses. See links on it's page and ask for help in our discussion forum
- FreeCAD has a page for their Python scripting tutorial
- Blender can be scripted with Python. Here's a good Python crash course video for Blender.
- BlenderBIM Add-on can be scripted with Python. See for example: BlenderBIM_Add-on_code_examples
- IfcOpenShell can easily be used to interrogate IFC data, see the IfcOpenShell_code_examples
There are also Free_software_extensions_to_proprietary_software which can be leveraged by learning to code
- pyRevit is a Python based rapid development framework for adding functionality to the Proprietary software Autodesk Revit: Create your first command
- Dynamo is a node based programming environment for the Proprietary software Autodesk Revit. Learn Dynamo BIM. New nodes can be written in Python and you can learn from the code many available node packages.
That's a few things to get started with.