The next monthly meetup is 1st August
If you're up for next one, add yourself to the spreadsheet and if you add your email too, I'll send around a reminder email: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19EzmthOp5hGYFTZCgOIm51n7hvcp_F8nB_XLYeTJ0zU/edit#gid=0
Presentation: Topologic by Wassim Jabi
Possible points for discussion
- Pros/cons different modelling paradigms solid/nerbs/mesh (duncan would love for someone to give a presentation on this subject)
- Introduction to IFC (why IFC in open source, introduction to IfcOpenShell, different implementations in Blender and FreeCAD, goals for Ifc support in the near future)
July 4th 2020
Presentation: Homemaker, evolving houses with Perl, with Bruno Postle
Other points discussed:
- A quick preview of new FreeCAD BIM WB experimental tools by Carlo
June 6th 2020
Presentation: Jesusbill gave an introduction to Salome Meca and other engineering goodness!
- We talked about the Mission Statement Follow up: ([User:Duncan] will make a new draft with more attention to ethical consideration adn other small refinements from the discussion thread.
- We talked briefly about the challenges and goals FreeMVD round-tripping (Ryan, Yorik, Moult). We also discussed whether this should be a future keynote topic. Follow up: up to the FreeMVD people
- We discussed briefly starting a website with an attractive front page to give people a very quick idea of what we're trying to do. We talked about it maybe focusing on some examples workflows for different audiences. Maybe those workflows are not ready/documentet to present yet in an attractive way. Follow up: there is a general invitation for anyone to do a mock up of how a website front page might look.
- There was a quick mention about possible collaboration with Measure-It-ARCH & Archipack Blender Add-on. Follow up: Moult, globalcitizen, kevancress, and stephen-l will discuss this.
May 2nd 2020
Presentation: Yorik presented the current state of FreeCAD BIM
Notes, things we discussed
- a mission statement (see forum thread)
- finding a real world project to work on
- roundtripping data (BlenderBIM <> FreeCAD)
- sample content like Yoriks Barcelona Pavillion
April 4th 2020
Presentation: Moult presented the current state of BlenderBIM