FLOSS Visualisation and Documentation
This page is unfinished. Feel free to help the project by sharing your knowledge about this subject.
Projects in the Architecture, engineering, construction and building operations industry (AECO) have a need for precise and clear visualizations and project documentation.
In the main Software Directory is a list of the most important free/libre/opensource projects for this discipline.
A typical sketching workflow might start with some work on paper or perhaps on the desktop with Inkscape for line work or GIMP/Krita for raster work. If online or collaboration vector sketching is relevant this might be with first-draft or Excalidraw. However the process starts you can end up with some great results before getting started on 3D models. Here a tutorial to work with assistants in Krita. An ideal method for drawing straight lines or circles (perspective drawings, etc.).
(feel free to continue writing this section)
This page gathers additional information about Free/Libre resources for Visualisation and Documentation: Libraries for Rendering, Page layout, Image manipulation, etc.
Textures & Models
These resources provide textures under a Public Domain / Creative Commons Zero license.
- sharetextures.com has textures for architectural visualization.
- 3dtextures.me has textures for architectural visualization.
- cc0textures.com has textures for architectural visualization.
- 3dassets.one has textures for architectural visualization.
- texturehaven.com has textures for architectural visualization.
- 3dmodelhaven.com has useful 3D models.
- ihdri.com has 100% free HDRI skies for illuminating CG scenes.
- hdrihaven.com has 100% free HDRI skies for illuminating CG scenes.
- cgbookcase.com has Free PBR Textures.
- texturecan.com has Free PBR CG textures.
- freestocktextures.com has free textures.
- resources.blogscopia.com has free 3D models and textures.
- Blender for Architecture textures for Blender.
- Poly Haven Curated public asset library for visual effects artists and game designers.
Software FLOSS to generate procedural textures.
- Material Maker Material Maker is a procedural materials authoring and 3D model painting tool, based on the Godot Engine.
- NeoTextureEdit Easy to use graph-based procedural seamless texture editor.
- TextureLab TextureLab is a tool designed to make procedural texture generation fast, simple and free.
- BlenderInsight Procedural Materials. Free procedural textures for Blender! (*.blend files).
Examples of Workflows
Software FLOSS used to generate architecture visualisation.
- There is a whole category of resources on Visualization_and_Documentation