Exporting 2D documentation with BlenderBIM Add-on
BlenderBIM add-on provides the capability to publish a complete traditional 2D documentation of your model. The result is currently a combination of vector and raster data, compiled into svg sheet files. (the projected geometry is rendered as a raster image, the cut geometry and any 2D annotations are kept as vectors)
The svg sheet file is compiled from a svg sheet template and one or more views exported from Blender, interpreting any variables included in the template and/or view.
The resulting svg sheets can be easily converted into pdf files for presentation or dxf for collaboration. Examples of available converters:
Setting up a view
A view is basically an orthographic camera, which you can place manually, or by specifying the view name in "Drawing Name" field and using the "Create view" button in Output Properties > Drawings and Sheets. This command creates the necessary camera with your specified name, centered on origin. The newly created camera is automatically activated.
You can also activate any camera used as a view by selecting it from the "Available drawings" drop down menu and using the "Activate View" command.
Selecting geometry to be cut
The raster image is rendered directly from your Blender model. The vector section is however not performed on the Blender geometry, but on an external IFC file.
The ifc file on which the vector cut will be performed has to be chosen under Output Properties > Documentation > Add IFC File and selecting one or more IFC files.
The plug-in recognizes a number of apropriately named objects on view export and interprets them as 2D annotation. Currently recognized objects with their respective necessary names are:
- Curve - IfcAnnotation/Dimension.Number - as a dimension
- Curve - IfcAnnotation/Equal.Number - as a dimension with the letters EQ instead of its value
- Curve - IfcAnnotation/Leader.Number - as a label with a leader arrow symbol
- Curve - IfcAnnotation/Stair.Number - as a staircase arrow symbol
- Curve - IfcAnnotation/Section Level - as a section elevation dimension with an arrow symbol
- Curve - IfcAnnotation/Plan Level - as plan elevation dimension with a crosshair symbol
- Mesh - IfcAnnotation/Hidden.Number - as a dashed curve
- Text - IfcAnnotation/Text.Number - as a text field
The plug-in provides commands to create the correctly named dummy object under Output properties > Documentation > Annotation.
Exporting a view
To export a view, select the proper camera, go to Object Data Properties > Diagrams and Documentation > Cut section. On running the "Cut section" command a svg file is generated in the Diagrams folder in your Data Directory. The contents of the generated svg file depend on the options you check in the Diagrams and Documentation section:
- Should Recut - a vector image is generated by intersecting a plane parallel to the camera plane in camera origin with geometry of the ifc files selected in Output Properties > Documentation.
- Should Render - a raster image is generated by rendering the current Blender model with the current camera
- Should Extract - ?